Monday, April 30, 2007

“They need to read my Kids4Truth book!”


This past Saturday we had a Jehovah’s Witness come to our door. I was right in the middle of something and really had no time to engage the man at all. I simply told him that I had serious theological differences with his religion and sent him on his way.

After I closed the door, my son JD, who just turned 8 the week before, asked me who that was. I told him he was someone from a bad church that taught false things about the Bible and how to get to Heaven. He asked, “What kind of false things?” and I explained how JW’s don’t believe, for example, that Jesus is God. At that he ran up stairs and came down with his Kids4Truth book.

“Dad,” he exclaimed, “They need to read my Kids4Truth book!” “We just learned that Jesus is God. It says so in Hebrews 1:8 – ‘But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne O God is for ever and ever.’” “See, Dad, God the Father calls Jesus God!” “I have to go show them my book!”

If I had let him, he would have chased the man down the street with his Kids4Truth book.

3 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a good story. It gives new meaning to Jesus' speaking about the faith of a child.

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What incredible boldness. Thank you for the reminder.

Ben

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy, I'm sorry I could not reach you through the SI website. I have been reading it in the last few days but am not registered. I'm answering the question you posted about Jocelyn Zichterman's health. She is recieving healing every day. The symptoms of the tumor are residing although not completely gone. I know Jocelyn and our family are continuously grateful for the prayers of the saints throughout the world. Many have opined about the direction they have taken and I pray that this will not stop anyone from continually elevating these children of God in prayer and continued healing. Thanks, Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home