Sunday, May 03, 2009

Rev. Henry J. Olsen followup

Since my last post, my Dad did some digging for me an found a relative who sent us a copy of my great-grandfather's Certificate of Ordination. The interesting thing, if you click on the picture to look at it full size, is the signature of Oswald Chambers.



Rev. Olsen was my Mom's grandfather. They will soon be reunited as my Mom is in her final days of fighting ovarian cancer and a stroke. My Mom's other grandfather was also a pastor, the Rev. Arthur E. Blann. It appears that he also signed the ordination certificate. I'll need to ask my Dad about that. At any rate, here is a picture of me as a baby, with my Mom and Dad, my Mom's parents, and my Mom's grandparents, the Blann's. I am most grateful for my godly heritage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home