Thursday, February 09, 2006

More ways to waste time on the Internet

I haven't blogged anything in a while, so I thought I'd share a couple web sites that are good to waste time on if you aren't wasting enough time on the Internet already.

The first is Escapa!. I haven't been able to do better than about 12 seconds. Can anyone beat that?

The second is 20q.net. This remarkable site plays 20 Questions with you. Give it a try. Most of the time, I don't understand how the sequence of questions narrows it down, but more often than not, the site comes up with the right answer. Amazing!

5 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Frank Sansone said...

44.43 seconds - third try!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Andy Efting said...

Wow, Frank, you are multi-talented! First you solve my 12-ball problem and now you totally blow away my high time mark. I'm a going to have to make my challenges more, umm, challenging.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Frank Sansone said...

Sorry. I did not mean to discourage you. Your 12-ball challenge was indeed challenging.

Of course, I am not sure I should feel too badly, since you solved my one and only quote challenge very quickly.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Frank Sansone said...

Andy,

Just want to let you know thatmy time I originally reported may have had something to do with my computer I was using. I am on my newer and faster computer that is connected directly to the cable modem (rather than through the router) and my best time now is 31 seconds and it was much more difficult to get to the 31 than the original 44.

Frank

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Andy Efting said...

Thanks, that makes me feel better, since now you have only doubled my best time! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home