Sunday, July 12, 2009

Getting ready for the Philippines

On the Island of Palawan, where we will be spending most of our time.

Our family will soon be flying out for a two week vacation to the Philippines. We are flying non-stop from Atlanta to Tokyo, then from Tokyo to Manila, and then from Manila to the Island of Palawan, where Daphne’s grandmother lives. Daphne was born in the Philippines and moved to the United States when she was five. This trip will be the first time back for her since she was 10. As for myself, I have never been overseas like this before. The most exotic place I’ve ever been was Toronto a few months ago. I am really looking forward to the trip. It should prove to be quite the adventure.

The kids showing off their new passports.

5 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger Don Johnson said...

Now Andy...

Calling Toronto exotic is just wrong.

Calling it the center of evil in the universe will prove you have begun to understand the Canadian psyche.

Maranatha!
Don Johnson
Jer 33.3

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Andy Efting said...

So, you're saying that visiting the center of all evil was not that much of a warm up to going to Southeast Asia?

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Don Johnson said...

Yeah... I think so.

Those of us in the West never miss a chance to trash Trawna...

Maranatha!
Don Johnson
Jer 33.3

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger MJ Chan said...

Hi! I came across your blog. I am from the Philippines and I just want to say you are lucky to go to Palawan :D It is said to be a beautiful place although unfortunately I've never been there. Keep us updated on your trip to the Philippines.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous sweetgiftsphilippines said...

Welcome to philippines.... palawan is a nice place.... like el nido...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home